Saturday, April 3, 2010

Feb 28- March 7, 2010

The WORSTEST WEEK EVER!!!!!!!!!............I really mean it too!!!


At the end of February we went to Las Vegas for a little get away. It was so much fun. John's sister is running for judge there and we wanted to show her our support, and to get away from the cold weather too.
Get home Sunday night and 1/2 hour later cute and super hyper Kenna is jumping around on the couch. Well this isn't a new thing but now that the couch is on hardwood and not carpet it decided to move and she lost her balance. She came crashing down onto the floor landing on her shoulder. Well she screamed and hollered, Kenna style. She is so funny but so super tuff. Monday mommy was recovering from our trip and a thrown out back. Come Tuesday- try to get back to normal and I see that Kenna isn't sucking her thumb.......very odd. She also doesn't like to use her left arm, just keeps it at her side. Ok mommy alarm is ring so load. Time to go see the most wonderful orthopedist- Dr. Schow. Called them up and they were able to get her in that day. While we were in the waiting area, we were talking to another mom and her broken little girl, they had to wait 3 days to see him. I guess that since she had already seen him it was the golden ticket. Well they all loved her, she is such a big girl, never fussed at all. Here is her broken clavicle.

waiting to see the DR

Taking the x-ray.

Broken clavicle.

I know it looks terrible, well cast time right.........nope all they do for it is put her in a sling and brace to stabilize the arm/shoulder. See you in 3 weeks.

Cute as can be in her sling.

back to sucking her thumb. Last time too.

1 arm coloring. Nothing stops this girl. She never fussed except when it came time to change her shirt. She had to do it all by herself. She stopped wearing the brace about a week later.

Still the same day- Tues. March 2ND......Preston got his Otho appliance. Poor guy, he was so sore and worn out by the end of the day.




So you think that is all............ well not quite folks........Wednesday came and went, had to adjust to keeping Kenna happy in her sling and off furniture( like I wanted another trip to the orthopedistor ER)
Thursday- we had a school outing. I was going to brave it and take all three kids by myself. It was to see the play "If you gave a mouse a cookie". Well that morning- Kenna runs into our room to go potty. I remind her dad that she will need help since she is down a arm. He and she both don't think so.............she ends up peeing all over the floor. No big deal, this wont ruin my day, just clean it up and keep on smiling. That is all done, turn around to find cat poop in the kids tub, on our bath rug and the hall closet. Cleanup again, still smiling. Time to get Coul up and at em. Give him his bottle of morning milk. We stopped using plastic bottles in favor of glass- no bad plastic chemical. So our happy little man is running around and the bottle falls on the tile. No big deal, it has happened before. Still smiling. Put C in his chair for breakfast and his bottle falls again, but not so lucky this time, shatters all over the kitchen floor. Well I was still determined to make the best of it, no crying over spilt milk......we just let our pet vacuum, Eva clean it up. So off we go to the play. Get there and have to wait 1/2 hour til all the groups are ready. So we find great seats. A row off to the side with P and K in their own seat, I was excited cause C and mommy could share the double seat. So the play starts and C was getting fussy. I totally forgot his soother. Call John to have him bring it on his way to work and then turned off my cell. ( only being polite). Play starts, very cute, too bad I have 2 very fussy boys. P wasn't into it and C was wanting his soother. So almost to tears but still smiling. I look around and see John on the other side of the theater looking for us. I try to get his attention, not working so I go to get out of the seat and somehow catch Coul's little leg in between the seat and arm rest. Of coarse he lets out the hugest holler. I run out of there so fast, leaving my other two kids, to wonder what, where, huh? I meet daddy in the foyer and after much debate get him to take our poor screaming baby home. He could sleep and John could work from home for the morning.
So we finish the play and head home. Coul is fast asleep, ( his dad gave him Tylenol) I decide to go out and be adventurous with our back yard. I hate yard work but it needs to get started. So me and P and K pick up millions of tree branches. After working for a bit we head in side to a scream Coul. I take him out of his bed and he wont walk. He would shake and then scream and hold his right leg off the ground. So what else to do but call our on speed dial Orthopedist.....Dr schow. So with this being our 3rd time seeing him, the 1st 2 with K, we had waited a day in between the accident and the visit to see if things would improve. Thank goodness we didn't wait that day cause we would have missed him, he was going out of town for a week. So they get us in that afternoon. This was the worst visit......poor baby hated it. I had to hold him down during xrays. It was heart breaking. So turns out he has a fractured right leg. So this was a cast break, but since he is mobile the Dr put it in a splint cast. It is great, we can remove it and wash him off.


He was semi happy here......

look carefully in the middle of the picture and you can make out the fracture. Soory- I had to take it with my cell phone.

So his follow up was setup for the same time as Kenna's. Yeah taking two kids back with broken bone(s) to the Dr at the same time..................bonus I guess is that we save time and gas!!

Coul getting around with his cast

Mommy- kangaroo and Joey- Coul

My broken little ones. Coul's cast is covered with toys. He stayed on the bean bag for 1 1/2 days. I had to carry him everywhere, then he got his courage back and hasnt looked back for help since.

To add to the worstest week.......the morning before we left for Vegas, I had 4 fillings done, the dentist forget to fill part of one of the teeth so all my teeth had been killing me. I wasnt taking a chance leaving the house to get it fixed til the next week. ( that added up to having to replace the bad filling and have a root canal retreated................yep too much fun)
Oh and after all of that I was ready to call it a day, week, month and ayear. what a family, teeth aches, and broken bones.......I have to say at least none of us had been sick at all since our move. Yep no colds, throwing up, the runs, flu, fevers nothing................except broken bones and sore mouths..........Tylenol was definetly our very bestest friends that week!!!!!

............oh and all that yard work I did with P and K, we had a storm later that day and it blew the tree branches back.................yep that is when the tears finally started pouring............ THE END...... of the most worsest week ever!!!

No comments: