Saturday, April 3, 2010

MOAB- March 20-22, 2010

So John turned the big 35 in March. He wanted a trip out of town. We didn't know where we were going. Some ideas- Disneyland, the west coast, Vegas, Lava Hot Springs, Jackson Hole. We decided on Moab. I have never been there before. All I could think of was dirt. I hate dirt esp sand between toes and fingers, not to mention all the dirt and sand in the clothes- laundry nightmare. So I packed the best I could and off we went Saturday around 3. We got to Green River to spend the night. It was nice. We arrived after sunset so we didn't get a view of the area til the next morning. WOW- I have never been more impressed with a dirty place in my life. WE had such a fun weekend get away. We stayed til Monday. We would have stayed longer but we were expecting a visit from Grandpa Gordon and Grandma Jeanne on Tuesday. The kids loved hiking, and swimming and mom and dad loved the time together as a family with limited screaming, and we got to play in some of the greatest nature out there.



Mommy, Kenna and Coul


Daddy and Coul


Mommy and Kenna.....she is helping to take the picture


P and K. He was in hiking heaven. He also love taking pictures of everything



( this was the best shot ever, til that other person stepped in........darn it!!!)



My wonderful family........<333 ( I wonder how I can get John to wear the pack and carry K here at home????)


Kenna coloring rocks with other rocks.
On our 1st hike she wasn't too into it.....she didn't want to touch the desert.....I have no idea where she gets it from =;-)



Mommy and Coul at the pool


P swimming


P took this picture of mommy and Coul down below


The B-day boy.


Daddy and Coul enjoying B-day cake.

What a great weekend get away.............we cant wait to go back again real soon, before the weather gets too hot.

.........so on a side note, went for the follow-up with the Orthopedist and both kids are healing really well. Coul has a little limp, but it is getting better ever day. Kenna's shoulder has a calcium lump that will go away with time but she is healed too. We are so grateful to have happy and healthy kids. If you ever need a bone fixed, I know the best Dr in town.

No comments: