Sunday, June 14, 2009

For the First time......

*****WARNING********
There will be no pictures in this post....my poor camera battery died. A new one will be here, hopefully (crossing all my fingers and my toes) Monday!!!! We have our new video camera, but I haven't taken the time to figure out how to download pictures/videos yet!!!
So what has been happening in our lives????

Friday......I painted some of my crafts that I have wanted to do for so long. I bought a cute shelf off of Craig's list for $5 and repainted it to match Kenna's room. I also stained a couple of letters for the kids doors. I forgot how much I love painting- I am going to have to set aside more time to do it again.
That night John and I went to go see Joel McHale at Abrovinal Hall in Salt Lake. It was so much fun. We had front row seat, which was great...too bad Joel never came over to see me. I tried to take pictures with my cell phone, but he lighting kept getting in the way. P and K went to their aunt's house in SL.....they absolutely love going there!! K's reaction to getting to go to Auntie S's house was....."I get to play with R's toys!!!" They always have the best time with Auntie S. Coulson went to Grandma Ellen's house..........well he decided to throw a little fit well there but after that he went right to sleep.
THANK YOU.....Grandma and Auntie for letting us have such a wonderful evening out!!

Saturday- oh what a long day!!!!!
We had to bake a cake for a party later that day. I tried a new recipe and let me tell you so easy and delicious....YUM YUM...Butterfinger cake........I am glad that all I got was one bite cause my whole diet would have gone bye bye!!
We went up to northern Utah for John's appointments. It went really good this time. Our kids are getting so much better with traveling. (one more month til the big trip)
We also bought a bike for me that came with a child's seat for $60 ( love Craig's list!!)
That night we went to a Luau at our church. It was so much fun. I wish that I had my camera. P and K had a blast. K was dancing along with the performers and even went up to the stage to dance!!!! It was so much fun and great food.....Thank you so much Uda family!!!!

Sunday.....this is the new part. We went to church for the first time in a very long time. It went pretty good. P, K and C did really well. P said that he wants to go back again next Sunday. That is a huge deal cause he has always said that he hated church and NEVER wanted to go!!! I loved seeing his sweet spirit come shining through. He tried to sing along with songs during Sacrament. In Primary he got the prize for (get ready...this may bring tears to your eyes!!) singing the best and for ......LISTENING the very best!!!! Oh how that brings joy to my heart!!!! K was good in her primary class, she didn't even miss us. She was very good about telling the teacher that she had to go potty and gave us time to come get me and go. That is huge cause she could and does have accidents. I love how happy and calm it made our kids.
We had a family dinner at our house again. This is our 4Th week in a row. It feels so good to get together. Auntie S and cousin R came down from SL and brought manicotti. I am not a fan of ricotta cheese so I wasn't to excited. My sil is a vegetarian and made it out of Tofu.....it was GREAT......no yucky sawdust taste!!! R made a yummy dessert too!!! Thank you K family for coming all the way to see us. We love you guys!!! Thank you grandma E and papa too, it wouldn't be family dinner without you guys!!!!
I talked to my mom tonight and she told us that Uncle T is doing good. They hadn't heard from him in a month. He got transferred and had to get settled in. He got a good job in the welding dept. That pleases him cause he can make the most $$$ there. He has put on 40 lbs since last year. That is great cause he was skinny. I cant wait to go see him next month, it sure miss him. I am hoping to get to take P to go see him too!
So over all it has been a great day. I am so glad to have such a great husband, wonderful children and extended family.
Tomorrow I am going to try and ride my new bike and have K in the child's seat while John pushes C and P rides his bike along side me. I have sore knees and am hoping that this will be easier on them.
Today someone commented on how she saw us out as a family and wanted to get hers out too cause we all looked like we were enjoying it. I have to say that I think that that is my favorite time of day. There is no fussing from anyone and everyone is willing to help each other. I only wish that it could last. =)

No comments: